Friday, April 22, 2016

#KikiThinks: IPHONE VS. ANDROID



Hey guys! I know you missed me, and I'm sorry for not posting in a while. Since we're close to the end of April, as you may know, the curriculum is getting more rigorous and I find myself swamped with papers and tests! But since I've FINALLY found some time to post, I decided to grace you guys with yet another #KikiThinks.

It's the 21st century--an era of "smart" everything. SmartTV's, Smartcars,  and of course, Smartphones. I'm sure you all are aware of the ages-old debate among people all around the world---is the Apple IPhone or Android Samsung Galaxy smartphone "better"? And you're probably expecting me to pick a side. Welp, prepare to be disappointed because in my honest opinion, it DOES NOT matter. A phone is a phone. Plain and simple. I mean think about it. There are much more important things that we as a society should be worrying about. Famine, war, disease, poverty. People are dying at the hands of corrupt governments, totally deprived of their human rights and in some countries, treated worse than animals. Only the privileged have the opportunity to debate about such nonsense as a smartphone because I guarantee you, if privileged folks lived for one day as impoverished citizens subject to torture based solely on their social class, the last thing they would even think about is how well a smartphone can perform.

Now, in no way am I bashing smartphones in general. I think they are truly amazing for their abilities to multitask. The smartphone can be used for so many great things. It may be used as a camera, camcorder, calendar, alarm clock, stopwatch, daily planner, calorie counter for fitness, etc. etc. The possibilities are endless. The smartphone makes life so much easier. However, the topic of whether one brand is "better" than the other is completely insignificant and it annoys me to no end when I see people get into this debate on social media. So my advice would be to just shut up and be glad that you're blessed enough to have a cell phone in the first place.

For those who may be curious, I myself currently own a Samsung Galaxy S5 and I am very pleased with the many functions that the Galaxy can perform. And almost all of my friends own IPhones but we never argue about which is better because we have better things to talk about. As long as the phone gets the job done, I am happy. And I am truly grateful to have the privilege of owning a smartphone because it is truly one of the greatest inventions of all time. If you have an IPhone, cool. If you have a Galaxy, cool. There are some things that the IPhone doesn't have that the Android has, and vice versa. Apple and Samsung are the top 2 competitors in technology. They both release some awesome products that are sure to get people's attention every time. But instead of arguing about which is "better", why not talk about things that actually matter and make an attempt to do something about them?

Love always,
--Kiki







No comments:

Post a Comment