Monday, March 14, 2016

LET'S TALK: FEMININE HYGIENE (VAGISIL REVIEW)



I know feminine hygiene is something that not many women like to talk about. It's somewhat of a taboo topic of conversation. But it's extremely important and it's something that I think women should be comfortable with talking about. Now although the topic of keeping your hoo-ha clean may make people cringe and turn red with embarrassment, it's a necessary lesson that must be taught to women and young girls for the sake of themselves and erm...those around them.
So today, I'll be reviewing Vagisil Feminine Wash!
I purchased two 12 fl. oz. bottles in pH Balance and Odor Block Protection. These are safe enough to use every day.

Now before I get into the review, I just want to give a few pointers.
First off, it's a known fact that women sweat down there. We have sweat glands, so we sweat. And unfortunately, that sweat can cause odor. You don't necessarily have to have an infection for there to be odor. Even on extremely warm days, or when you're working out, there's always a chance that your natural scent can get a little stronger than usual. And that's where Vagisil comes in.

Second, there is talk going around that women only need water to wash their vulvas. No soap. And I've actually encountered quite a few who told me that they wash with just plain water and nothing else. Now I'm totally not judging them since it's their body and they may take care of it however they please. But personally, I cannot wash with just plain water alone. I need soap, of some kind. I feel more confident and much cleaner when I wash with soap because soap does a better job scrubbing away sweat and bacteria, and it also deodorizes. Water does not deodorize. I do, however, understand why some women may wash with only water. The vulva is an extremely sensitive area that does not react well to most soaps--ones with strong fragrances and dyes. There are lots of milder, gentler soaps that won't irritate the vulva such as Ivory, Dial, and Dove for Sensitive Skin, just to name a few. But Vagisil is a well-known company that specializes in that area so it's less likely to cause irritation. 

Lastly, it's very important that the vagina maintains a certain pH balance. Just giving you guys (girls) a little Chemistry 101: the pH scale measures how acidic or basic something is. The scale goes from a pH of 0 (most acidic) to a pH of 14 (most basic).The more basic something is, the less acid is present. Since the number 7 is right-smack-in-the-middle, it indicates neutrality. When something has a pH of 7, it is neither acidic nor basic. Any pH after 7 is basic and any pH below 7 is acidic. Makes sense? So a healthy vagina has a mostly acidic environment because its pH balance is normally between 3.8 and 4.5, according to www.everydayhealth.com. Now you may be shocked and curious as to why our vaginas are so acidic. Well, the acidic environment helps kill any bad bacteria that may cause infection. If for some reason, the pH increases, the vagina becomes more basic, less acid is available causing the bad bacteria to thrive. Thus, the vagina may become more vulnerable to infection.

VAGISIL pH BALANCE: You will always know what it is from the purple top. It's purpose is to keep your pH in check. I've been using this product for a few years and I get absolutely no irritation. It claims to have a "light and fresh" scent. I love it. It's noticeable but not too strong. And it has a fresh linen type of smell, which I appreciate because I don't really like to use feminine washes that smell like flowers and rain (which is why I stay away from Summer's Eve). Those floral/rain fragrances may affect pH. I love how well it lathers; it suds up really nicely and rinses off well! This may sound a little weird but not all bacteria is bad. There is such a thing as "good" bacteria--it's called Lactobacilli or LactoProbiotic. This "good" bacteria also helps to prevent the overgrowth of bad bacteria, but it can also be destroyed by the acidity of the vagina. So Vagisil pH Balance wash is infused with LactoProbiotic to replace the good bacteria that is lost. LactoProbiotic does not cause odor or infection.

VAGISIL ODOR BLOCK: You will always know what it is from the pink top. It's purpose is to prevent odor from sweat, etc. Similar to the pH Balance wash, it suds up well, rinses off well and I get no irritation. This product also has a "light and fresh" scent. I also love that a little goes a long way. Since you're only washing your vulva, which is a relatively small area compared to the rest of your body, the most you need is a quarter-sized amount to wash it completely. My daily regimen is the "wash, rinse, repeat" cycle. In the shower, I wash my vulva twice--just to make sure it's clean. One 12 fl. oz bottle may last me a few months with daily use! All washes are safe enough to use during your period, during menopause or before/after sex. I never get a smell coming from the vulva when using this or even when I wash with Dove or baby soap. I do take extra precautions to keep myself fresh during my period but I will talk about that in another review.

On a scale of 1-10, I give both washes a 10. They do a great job of keeping me clean and feeling fresh all day, every day--even in the warmest temperatures. I never worry about irritation. They have a nice, clean smell. They lather and rinse off well. The bottles are big. They last a very long time. I only need a little to wash myself completely. What more can I ask for?

I bought both bottles from my local Rite Aid Pharmacy for around $7.69 each. I totally recommend you try it if you're looking for a good feminine wash. It's worth the price!

Later, girls!
--Kiki

8 comments:

  1. intimate cream wash treat and prevent discomfort of the intimate area and the vaginal environment. It extends direct relief from various intimate area concerns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it nesscary to use both of these or just chose btwn the two what you think your body needs? I can you switch it up every other day or what would you suggest?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweat Odor is very common problem in those day for human, every man is effected with this problem and some time it may be more irritation between people, it become more effective. Sweat Odor Solution

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was really informative and I leaned a lot from your blog
    Imbue All Natural Intimate Hygiene Foam is the one-stop solution to your intimate hygiene problems. Naturally formulated, it cleanses, moisturizes, and helps in reducing irritation and itching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it. It is a great website and nice share. I want to thank you. Good job! You guys do a great blog, and have some great contents. Keep up the good work.
    vagisil

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, great, I was wondering how to cure acne naturally. and found your site by google, learned a lot, now i’m a bit clear. I’ve bookmark your site and also add rss. keep us updated.
    vagisil

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks a lot very much for the high quality and results-oriented help. I won’t think twice to endorse your blog post to anybody who wants and needs support about this area.

    Buy Vaginal Wash Online

    ReplyDelete
  8. feminine underwear A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post.

    ReplyDelete