Monday, March 21, 2016

VS PINK HOT CRUSH REVIEW




Hey guys! Today's review is on the Victoria's Secret PINK hand and body cream in the scent "Hot Crush". I purchased this at (of course) Victoria's Secret during one of their winter semi-annual sales. I absolutely adore the VS and B&BW 75% off sales because you can buy so much for a good bargain! The original price of this body cream was $15 but since I got it on a discount, I only paid $5.25! This is the 6.7 fl. oz. bottle.

What drew me to this product was the bright red packaging and the big bold white letters. VS definitely gets a thumbs up for creativity. This bottle is perfect for display on your dresser or vanity. You may not be able to see from this picture but it has polka dots all around it. Super cute.

The cream itself is not super thick but it does leave my skin really soft without making it greasy or shiny. It absorbs into my skin very well.

Now let's get into the fragrance. "Hot Crush" mainly consists of jasmine and caramel notes, to make you "totally crush-worthy", as said by Victoria's Secret. This is considered a warm scent, meaning that it's best suited for fall and winter.

Giving my complete honest opinion here. When I first smelled it and put it on, I liked it. I wasn't IN LOVE with it but it was wearable...at first. Upon putting it on, it reminded me a little bit of Bath and Body Works' Forever Midnight, which I really liked because they both have caramel and floral notes. The caramel really helped to make the fragrance more gourmand, ya know, smell more edible. But THEN after about a half hour, I started getting this sickening powdery smell from it. I kid you not, it went from a sexy caramel gourmand to a scent that smelled like baby powder. It was awful. I'll have you know, I am not, I repeat NOT a fan of powdery scents at all, which is why I can't stand Bath and Body Works' Moonlight Path, but I would have to say this was a lot worse. On me, Forever Midnight has never turned into a weird powdery fragrance.

Not trying to be dramatic but this scent made me gag. It made me feel sick to my stomach. And trust me, I tried to like it. I tried giving it a chance. But I just could not take it so I ended up giving it to my mother. She loves powdery scents and loves this so I guess that makes scents (sense, haha get it?)  Just not my cup of tea. So if you do like powdery scents give "Hot Crush" a try. The powder note will sneak up on you.

You can wear this any time of the day or night. The scent lasts about 3 hours on me. Kinda short amount of time, I know. But in this case, I'm glad!

On a scale of 1-10, I give Hot Crush a 4. While the cream itself is very good quality, and softens my skin, the scent is just very off-putting to me. It's great that I got a discount and didn't have to pay full price, but I will not be purchasing this again.

Hasta luego!
-Kiki

No comments:

Post a Comment