Thursday, March 3, 2016

BATH AND BODY WORKS SWEET PEA AND PARIS AMOUR REVIEW




What's up, guys! Happy March! In today's review I'll be talking about two 8 fl. oz. body creams that I purchased from none other than Bath and Body Works. These fragrances have been around for quite a while now and are currently listed as 2 of B&BW's top-selling fragrances. Just take a good look at the picture above (taken by yours truly). As you can see I got the Sweet Pea and the Paris Amour.

Because body creams are thicker and more emollient-rich than lotions, they are perfect for extra dry skin! Once upon a time, I used to buy B&BW's body lotions on a regular basis, but I realized that when I put them on, my skin sucks them up and starts to get dry again. After a while it would feel like I never put any lotion on at all. So ever since I switched to the body creams (which are the exact same price as the lotions) I noticed a huge difference. My skin felt so much softer for a much longer period of time. By purchasing the creams, I definitely felt like I was getting my money's worth.

Both body creams were $12.50 each.

SWEET PEA: According to their official website, www.bathandbodyworks.com, the main fragrance notes in Sweet Pea are as follows--

Top Notes: Sweet Pea, Watery Pear, Juicy Loganberry, Black Currant

Mid Notes: Sheer Freesia, Luscious Raspberry, Pink Peony

Dry Notes: Soft Musk, Plum Woods

Sweet Pea is a fruity-floral. Without a doubt, this scent leans more toward the fruity side. When I smell this, I get strong whiffs of that pear and raspberry so I don't recommend this to people who are sensitive to smells. In my own personal opinion, the floral notes should be listed as dry notes because I usually don't notice them until after the scent has faded a little. Sometimes I can't help but laugh at B&BW when they try to get fancy with certain terminology because if you shop there often you know that they list stuff you never heard before as "fragrance notes". What the heck are plum woods? Do they mean plum, like the actual fruit plum or...?

ANYWAYS, Sweet Pea is a classic fragrance that's just right for spring and summertime. This is certainly a daytime scent because it's so fresh and light and airy and bright and cheerful. Smelling this always puts me in a great mood. Strangely enough, I do get a slight hint of watermelon in there too? Kinda reminds me of the smell of Watermelon Pop Rocks, or Jolly Ranchers.
So if you don't mind smelling like a Jolly Rancher, give Sweet Pea a try!

Because this scent smells so much like candy, it would be more popular among younger customers like teens, tweens and young adults. Wearing the body cream alone, the scent usually lasts me about 3-4 hours but wearing the matching body mist makes it last an extra 2-3 hours.

On a scale of 1-10, I give Sweet Pea an 8. I like it a lot. It's juicy and refreshing. And it's casual enough to wear anywhere.

PARIS AMOUR:The fragrance notes in Paris Amour are as follows--

Top Notes: Sparkling Mandarin, Petite Strawberry, Cassis, Sparkling Pink Champagne, Apple Blossoms, Dewy Freesia

Mid Notes: Luscious Peach, Jasmine Petals, French Tulips, Water Lily, Frangipani

Dry Notes: French Vanilla, Coconut Milk, Amber Wood , Sandalwood, Creamy Musk

So as you can probably tell, there's a lot going on in this scent! Because I love anything and everything 'Paris' themed, this fragrance caught my eye the moment I entered the store. The packaging is super adorable. Paris Amour is another fruity-floral but it's a different kind of fruity-floral. It smells nothing like Sweet Pea. Paris Amour is muskier. And because of that it has more maturity to it. However, I still think it would be popular among young people because it is very sweet.

I know what you're thinking. What the heck is a frangipani? Well, I looked it up for you (no need to thank me) and turns out, it's a special name for plumeria, which is a type of flower. You learn something new every day, right? This scent smells like straight-up flowers and strawberries. The floral notes are more prominent in this one, but still not as strong as the fruit. I smell no mandarin at all though. And thank God the coconut milk is undetectable because I just do NOT like coconut. The vanilla becomes more noticeable after the scent settles on your skin for a while. Don't expect to smell it right away. Much like in Pink Chiffon I do smell a little peach, but it's not strong enough to make a difference.

This fragrance is unique because it's so classy and sophisticated that it can be worn at formal events such as weddings, proms, etc. Yet at the same time, it is casual enough that it can be worn as an every day signature scent. So honestly, this scent can be worn any time of the day...or night if you have a special occasion to attend. Paris Amour is best suited for spring. It may be too musky for some in hot, humid weather.
I don't know, maybe it's the champagne that gives it so much class? Not sure what champagne smells like...PINK champagne at that. 
My ex-boyfriend adored this fragrance. He'd give me compliments every time I wore it, so Paris Amour is a huge hit with the guys. Totally crush-worthy.
The lasting power of the fragrance is about the same as Sweet Pea if I were to wear the body cream alone. But I have layered it with the matching body mist and let me tell ya, the scent lasts nearly ALL DAY LONG when layered. It sticks to clothing too.

On a scale of 1-10, I give Paris Amour a 10! I hope B&BW never discontinues this one. The lasting power is amazing and it's sweet but not sickeningly sweet. I can mostly thank the floral notes for that. All around this scent is just really cute and girly! Aside from Pink Chiffon, Paris Amour is my SECOND favorite scent from Bath and Body Works. I can't get enough of it!

Adios!

-Kiki

1 comment: