Saturday, February 27, 2016

VS PINK WARM AND COZY REVIEW





So I've been shopping at Bath and Body Works for almost 10 years and while B&BW is very near and dear to my heart, I noticed that I never really gave Victoria's Secret a chance. In case you guys didn't know, both stores are owned by the same company--Limited Brands. My local mall has Bath and Body Works and Victoria's Secret literally on the same floor, just a few steps away from each other! And, I hate to say this, but I ignored VS and flocked to B&BW each and every time. But it seemed as if everybody and their mother was obsessed with VS. In middle school, high school and even now in college, I'd always see girls carrying around those "PINK" backpacks and wearing those super cute "PINK" sweatsuits. I remember right after gym class, girls would take out those "PINK" body mists from their lockers and spray it all over, filling up the locker room. And I loved the smell. So when the winter 75% off sale rolled around, I decided I would finally jump on the bandwagon.

I purchased a 8.4 fl. oz. body mist and the matching 16.9 oz. bottle of lotion, both in the scent Warm and Cozy. VS describes this scent as a blend of "toasted vanilla and peony". VS can be just a tad pricey. The original price for these items was $18 each. But since they were on a discount, the lotion and spray only cost me $6.30 each, which was a steal! Doesn't get any cheaper than that!

THE LOTION: If you read my previous post about the Aromatherapy lotion, you know how much I appreciate bottles of lotion that come with a pump! I can't stand having to squeeze out lotion with my hands. It's messy and I'm always left with more lotion than I need, so it's a waste. Because this lotion comes with a pump, I always get the right amount of product. It's less messy and don't have to worry about straining my hand muscles trying to get some lotion out. The consistency of the lotion is not super thick, but it is very creamy. It does leave my skin soft for a while. When I use it, I just know I'm using a quality product. And I love that the bottle is large. Almost 17 fl. oz. of lotion is a lot. It has lasted me a few months with daily use.

THE MIST: This body mist is everything. It really enhances the fragrance by strengthening it and making it last longer. I feel that if it weren't for the body mist, the scent would die down a lot quicker if I were to wear the lotion alone. While handling some very important business, I literally had an entire room full of women compliment this scent. One of them asked me where I got it from, and when I told her she said that VS always has some nice stuff. However I did notice that wearing the mist alone would only give me about an hour or two of fragrance so it's very important that you layer your scent. Paired with the lotion, the mist would last me 4-5 hours before having to reapply.

THE SCENT: Warm and Cozy, in my opinion, is one of the best smelling fragrances in the "PINK" collection. It's a sweet, sugary vanilla that reminds me of marshmallow frosting. As far as the peony goes, I don't exactly smell it. I wouldn't consider this a floral scent at all. This scent, hence the name, is perfect for the fall and winter seasons--especially winter because it's very comforting and gets me in the mood to cuddle by the fire in my pj's and drink hot cocoa.  I believe Warm and Cozy can be worn at any time of day. It can be worn in the daytime because it is a light scent. It's not heavy or musky at all. And it can be worn at night to help you relax during those cozy nights in. I think this fragrance will appeal to just about anybody who likes sweet vanilla scents, so this would be popular to customers young and old(er).

On a scale of 1-10, I give VS Pink Warm and Cozy a 9. This scent is to die for. It's delicious and just downright intoxicating. The only problem I have is that it can last a little longer. Some B&BW products can last a good 6-7 hours on me. If this scent could do that, it would be perfect.

If you have any questions or comments, just let me know and I'll get back to you guys as soon as possible.

Bye!

--Kiki

No comments:

Post a Comment