Saturday, February 13, 2016

BATH AND BODY WORKS AROMATHERAPY SENSUAL (BLACK CURRANT VANILLA REVIEW)


Hello again! Hope you all are having a great day so far. Today's review is about Bath and Body Works Black Currant Vanilla body wash/foam bath and the matching Black Currant Vanilla body lotion. This fragrance is part of the Aromatherapy line and is titled "Sensual". It's purpose is to help put you in a relaxing mood and "heighten sensuality". I actually received these two products as gifts from my sister for Christmas. She bought herself a few bottles of these and suggested I try them out as well.  

THE BODY WASH: In the shower, the body wash lathers very nicely (for best results, use a loofah sponge instead of a washcloth). It suds up so well that it only takes a little to wash my entire body. The scent fills the entire room up! It is a bit on the strong side but that doesn't bother me at all. When I leave the shower, my skin feels very soft and clean. And even before I apply the lotion, I get strong whiffs of black currant vanilla. If you want to add a few drops of this into your bath water, you totally can! Although I personally have not done that (since my dormitory hall provides showers only, no bathtubs), I'm sure this will put your bathing experience on a whole other level!

THE LOTION: I would have to say the lotion is probably my favorite of the two. I like that the bottle comes with a pump. If you shop at Bath and Body Works, you know that the majority of their body lotions do NOT come with a pump, forcing you to squeeze product out of the bottle. This can be messy at times. I don't know about you but sometimes I find myself accidentally squeezing out more lotion than necessary because the consistency is a little runny. The great thing about Aromatherapy lotion is that I am able to pump out just the right amount of product each and every time. Although the consistency of this lotion isn't nearly as thick as say, a body cream or a body butter, I find that this lotion does a great job keeping my skin hydrated. Paired with the body wash, it's pretty great. It's strong enough to last you several hours. It honestly doesn't even need a matching body mist.

THE SCENT: On the packaging of both products, B&BW claims says that this fragrance is composed of "Black Currant and Vanilla Absolute". For those who may not know what a currant is, it is a type of berry. I do smell the currant. I also get a faint citrus-y note as well and it adds a little extra zing. The fruit notes are what I smell when I first put it on. Then after a while it fades into a nice creamy vanilla. I might also add that this scent is rather musky. To me it is reminiscent of Bath and Body Works Sensual Amber, which honestly, I don't really like that much. But I guess because I tend to flock to fruitier scents, I can tolerate this one. I just wouldn't wear this in warm weather as the musk can be a bit much when humidity is high. However, Black Currant Vanilla is perfect for fall and winter. I believe this type of scent is unisex because it smells just a tad like men's cologne. It is feminine enough to wear on a daily basis, but men can wear it too. It's a mature scent. I wouldn't necessarily expect it to be popular among younger people. This fragrance sticks to my clothes like nothing else. Not problematic, just putting it out there that it does cling to fabric. You can wear this at any time of the day but I think it is best suited as a nighttime fragrance because it is relaxing and makes me want to cuddle up and watch Netflix until I fall asleep!

On a scale of 1-10 I give Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy SENSUAL Black Currant Vanilla a 7. While the quality of the body wash and lotion is great, the scent itself isn't something I would buy on my own. Now don't get me wrong, I do like it and I do get compliments when wearing it. It's very sexy but to me it's not AMAZING, probably because it reminds me of cologne. I will continue to wear it until it's gone.

Bath and Body Works is currently selling the body wash and lotion for $13 each.

See ya!

-Kiki

No comments:

Post a Comment