Thursday, February 4, 2016

MY FIRST PRODUCT REVIEW! BATH AND BODY WORKS PINK CHIFFON


Wow, two posts in one day! This is probably the only time this will ever happen. I am just so excited to get this started! I've wanted to review Pink Chiffon for ages.

When I visited B&BW last, I purchased 2 Pink Chiffon body creams (both 8 oz.), a travel-sized 3 fl. oz Pink Chiffon fragrance mist, and the 2 oz. Pink Chiffon Nourishing Hand Cream (not really big on shower gels, sorry). B&BW has been selling this scent for several years now. Not a “new” fragrance, but not “old” either.

Top Notes: Sparkling Pear, Wild Berries, Peach Nectar

Mid Notes: Tiare Flower, Jasmine Petals, Waterlily, Sheer Apple Blossom

Dry Notes: Coconut Milk, Vanilla Orchid, Creamy Sandalwood, Chiffon Musk*

*as listed on http://www.bathandbodyworks.com


What can I say about this fragrance? Well, it’s definitely a fruity/sweet scent. I think it leans more toward fruity when I put it on. And then after a couple hours or so, it fades into a mellow vanilla sweetness. Although B&BW lists pear as one of its top notes, I personally smell no pear. I don’t quite smell any of the floral notes either.

To me, this scent smells like a simple blend of strawberries and cream, kinda like those Cream Saver candies that for some reason fell off the face of the Earth. When I smell this, I think of a giant vanilla cupcake with strawberry frosting–fresh from the bakery! It’s a gorgeous scent that I think will appeal to most people. As for the musk, yes it is a tad musky but the musk is very light. Not overpowering at all.

When I stumbled upon this scent for the first time, I’ll admit I was a little worried about that coconut milk that they have listed as a dry note, simply because I’m not a huge fan of coconut scents. But I guarantee you, the coconut milk is totally undetectable. And that made me sigh in relief because honestly I think the smell of coconut would ruin this fragrance! I also smell very little peach. Maybe a bit, but not enough to make a difference. Pink Chiffon is a very girly, innocent fragrance. Perfect for tweens, teens and young adults.

This scent is best suited for Spring and Summer because it is light and fruity. Again, the musk isn’t cloying at all so it shouldn’t be a problem in hot and humid weather. It’s casual enough to wear just about anywhere! You can wear it to work, school, to a party, to the movies, to the park, to the beach, literally anywhere. And for this reason, I say this is more of a daytime scent.

THE BODY CREAMS: the body creams are amazing. They consist of Shea butter and Vitamin E to help condition and nourish your skin. If you are like me, and have dry skin, I totally recommend B&BW body creams. They are thicker and more moisturizing than the lotions. They’re not greasy at all and they absorb well into the skin. No residue either! The creams leave my skin feeling soft and hydrated all day long.

THE MIST: The mist is a nice little treat when you want to layer your scent. What I do not like is that at first I get a strong whiff of alcohol when I spray. But really, that’s with all fragrances, not just this one. After a few seconds though, the alcoholic-y smell does fade away and I get this pleasant aroma of berries and cream. It really helps to strengthen the fragrance (since, again, it is light), and make it last longer. When I layer Pink Chiffon, I usually can go a good 6-7 hours before having to reapply.

THE HAND CREAM: Works wonders for dry hands! This also contains Vitamin E and when I put it on, my hands immediately feel like velvet. The size is really convenient too, only 2 ounces, so you can put it in your purse or backpack and take it with you everywhere you go! It takes up very little space. And a little goes a long way. Doesn’t take much to leave your hands soft like a baby’s bottom. I will say however that the hand cream smells a little more lotion-y than everything else. I do get a whiff of fragrance here and there but it’s not as potent with the hand cream. Just something you should keep in mind.

On a scale of 1-10 I give Pink Chiffon a perfect 10. I adore this fragrance. I find myself purchasing this fragrance more than anything else. And when I wear it I get tons of compliments from guys and girls. Just a wonderful fragrance to have if you’re someone who likes light, fruity, sweet scents!

Both body creams were $12.50 each. The travel-sized mist was $6. The Nourishing Hand Cream was $5.

Ciao!

-Kiki

No comments:

Post a Comment