Tuesday, February 23, 2016

BURT'S BEE'S LIP BALM REVIEW (PINK GRAPEFRUIT AND POMEGRANATE)


Even though it's starting to feel more and more like spring, we must face the fact that it's STILL February and it's STILL winter. Which means that there's STILL going to be those freezing cold days when the air is dry and your lips get super chapped! I've been searching around for a good lip balm to keep my lips moisturized and keep the skin from peeling. Trust me, I had a serious problem. The skin on my lips would peel, causing me to lick my lips and try to bite the skin off with my teeth (sorry if that sounds gross). As a result, my lips would get red and sore. They bled and sometimes I'd get tiny bruises on my lips from biting them! I needed a solution and I needed it fast.

Tried ChapStick, didn't really work out for me. My college gave out these free lip balms with the school logo on them, still didn't work for me. I even tried putting Vaseline on my lips! But all that did was make them greasy. I heard a lot of good reviews about Burt's Bee's lip balm, which at the time, I never heard of before. I learned of all the different flavors that Burt's Bee's came in and I thought it was pretty cool that the lip balms are made of organic ingredients like sunflower seed oil, coconut oil, tocopherol (Vitamin E) and beeswax.

I purchased both lip balms at Rite Aid pharmacy for $3.29 each. Both tubes are 4.25 grams. As you can probably tell from the title (ha), I got the Pomegranate and the Pink Grapefruit.

PINK GRAPEFRUIT: The Pink Grapefruit flavor claims to be "Refreshing", and honestly, I think it is! It has a super fresh citrus-y smell that gives me a little pick-me-up every time I wear it. I love the smell! It does come on a little strong when you first apply but I guarantee you, the smell does fade with time--probably around 10 minutes or so. My lips tingle a little when I wear it too, but it feels good actually, as if my lips are being medicated. It's quite soothing. This lip balm has a clear color to it.

POMEGRANATE: The Pomegranate claims to be "Moisturizing". And it is. I'm going to be completely honest with you, the Pomegranate took me a little while to get used to. I didn't much like the smell at first. It smelled to me like a cheap wax candle trying to smell like fruit. But then I noticed that after about 5 minutes or so, the smell oddly becomes a little sweeter and actually starts to smell like pomegranate. This lip balm has a dark reddish pink color, kinda like beets, but it shows up clear on the lips--so it's not tinted.

MY THOUGHTS: The lip balms glide on really smoothly on my lips. My lips feel like butter without being greasy or shiny. I always feel confident when facing the elements that my lips won't dry up and become sore. Ever since I started wearing these lip balms, I stopped biting my lips and they healed. These lip balms have pretty good flavor too. Now don't expect them to taste like candy, they're not sweet but you do get a slight taste of pomegranate and grapefruit, and it's really not bad at all. After about half an hour, I would need to reapply, and that is my pretty much my only problem. I'm wearing the Pink Grapefruit right now, probably my favorite out of the two, and my lips are saying ooh-la-la!

On a scale of 1-10, I give Burt's Bee's lip balm an 8. It's a really good brand, definitely worth trying out if you haven't done so already. I hope to collect all of them when I get some extra cash. I did however knock off two points because
a) I need to reapply every 30 minutes
b) $3.29 is a bit pricey for a lip balm. I think these should cost no more than $2.50. But then again, it IS organic.

Ta-ta!

--Kiki

No comments:

Post a Comment