Monday, February 8, 2016

LET'S TALK: PERSONAL CARE (DOVE ORIGINAL CLEAN ANTIPERSPIRANT DEODORANT REVIEW)







Let's be honest. Nobody likes B.O. It's offensive and can literally leave people gagging. It can also be highly embarrassing for the person emitting the foul odor. Now, I understand that some sweat more than others. It's utterly uncontrollable and some people wreck their brains trying to find a good antiperspirant deodorant to not only keep them dry but also leave them smelling fresh for hours. If you're one of those people, then look no further because Dove Original Clean does the job and it does the job well! It is a solid formula, not a gel.

When it comes to deodorant, this is pretty much a classic. Dove is a legendary company for personal hygiene items. This company manufactures everything from deodorant, to bar soap, to body wash and more! I purchased this at my local Rite Aid for a little under $5 and let me tell ya, it's worth every penny. 2.8 ounces of product may not seem like much but with daily use, this product usually lasts me over a year. As for the scent, it's very, well, fresh! Reminds me of fresh linen. This is perfect if you want a nice basic scent that is free from any fruity or floral smells. 

One thing I particularly like about this brand of deodorant is that it is infused with moisturizers. When I apply it to my underarms, it glides on really smoothly and it leaves my armpits very soft. I shave my armpits on a regular basis. Sometimes I do get nicks and cuts here and there. On the back of package, it warns customers not to apply on broken skin. I assume it is because Dove believes it would cause irritation. Well, I decided to become somewhat of a devil and.. I guess you could say, experiment with myself. I used myself as a guinea pig to see what would happen if I did apply on broken skin. Surprisingly, I got no irritation. No stinging, no swelling. Very gentle. And I'm just speaking from my own personal experience. What works for me may not necessarily work for you. So if you are not comfortable with applying Dove after shaving, then by all means, do NOT do it!

The last few points that I want to make about this deodorant is that it leaves me smelling fresh literally all day long. I usually take my daily showers some time around 10 AM when i'm getting ready for class. I can apply Dove Original Clean immediately after showering and the scent would stay on until my next shower. It definitely keeps its promise of keeping you odor-free for up to 24 hours! Even in the most hot and humid weather, or while I'm working out, I always feel confident that this product will prevent B.O. What I do NOT like about this product: although it claims to be INVISIBLE solid, it is very much visible when I'm wearing dark colored clothing. It leaves white residue on my shirts. That's pretty much my only problem.

On a scale of 1-10, I give Dove Original Clean AntiperspiranDeodorant a 9. I docked one point because of the residue. Other than that, this deodorant is very impressive. It is my go-to brand of deodorant. I have never tried any other brands like Secret or Degree. But for the sake of this blog, who knows? I just might get out of my comfort zone and branch out. Gotta try new things ;)

Later, folks

-Kiki 


No comments:

Post a Comment